merge tool for bitsy gamedata
- contents which don't overlap will be added without being changed
- contents which overlap will have their ids prefixed before being added, and references to their id will automatically be updated
- contents which overlap but are identical will not be added (e.g. if you start from a shared file, only changes will be added on merge)
- the contents of dialog scripts are not checked or updated; if you're referencing things from dialog (especially via hacks) you'll have to make sure that the names still line up post-merge manually
- variables which overlap will throw an error (variable overlaps need to be resolved manually since dialog contents aren't updated)
- title, bitsy version, and room format from game to add is ignored
- make sure to choose a unique prefix: overlaps are not checked for prefixed conflict resolution
source available on github
|Average session||A few seconds|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
what the heck! it says
Error: Couldn't merge: both games define a starting value for "VAR a"; please resolve this conflict externally.
WHATTTTTT I DONt KNOW CODEEEE
edit: i fixed it
can you make this workable for
unfortunately i don't think multicolor bitsy is stable yet, but so long as the gamedata is backwards compatible, it should work automatically. if you're having issues using this tool with multicolor bitsy data, you'd likely need to talk with aury about how to resolve that
yea i tried merging, it did this thing where i could only see the background of my game and one color of the blue on my diamond sword.
this is awesome!
I don't quit totally understand everything of this but I thank you now for the me from the future that will totally gets it.
So thank you a lot <3
thenk you Sean for my life